I was used Free download manager to download my favorite TV series (e.g. IT Crowd or new interesting BBC’s Sherlock) from well know data storages, like rapidshare or hotfile. I’ve tried JDownloader and I’m really impressed all those features which the tools provides in comparison with standard lightweight managers.
- you can only copy links to download into the clipboard at your favorite forum, switch the focus back to JDownloader, it automatically use these links as datasource, add them into link grabber and than check their online status (if they are downloadable)! You can see their availability in a few seconds
- support the usage of huge amount of paid accounts. You simply add your credentials into system, add links and it works – download files – you need obviously possess these accounts 🙂
- build in extract support – if you add links to the data spread into more rars, the JDownloader’s plugin can unrar them after successful download and even delete them when unrar is finally done
- using pair and free account together – assume that you add two simultaneous downloads and trying to download another file placed on the same storage. JDownloader tries to use free account, wait until the captcha succeeded and download the last one via free account
- JDownloader also creates container and directory wrapping each download so all files are not downloaded into one directory but spreads into new one according to the downloanded file names
- great plugin support, automatic computer shutdown is supported too. JDownloader can be also up-dated by fine online updater, it simply download all new system parts or plugins
Downsides? Are you still waiting even with paid account?
I was about to uninstall JDownloader because it always waits even if I correctly set up the pair rapidshare account! What happen? Although I inserted credentials, I didn’t enable this account globally for the whole application so JDownloader tries to download all files through free account. Rear. Described global switch is that small check button at the left down application corner.